Thursday, January 27, 2011

Reflect


Through my blog posts about the Twelve Olympian Gods, I have learned a lot about many of them. I’ve learned that for each god there are many different stories told about them. I’ve also learned how people in the ancient world worshipped these gods and how they believed in them. At the Metropolitan Museum of Art I learned much about the god Zeus and how he was portrayed to humans in the ancient world.
My expectations at first for this blog assignment were to just learn a few things about the gods. Then when I read into the background of each god, I was then surprised about the stories that were behind these gods and how they all tie up to each other. Honestly after reading all these stories about the gods and everything, it just made me think of how gullible and wrong these people in the ancient world were of believing in these gods. Spending their whole life worshiping these gods that are not even real just stunned me.
After having done my blog on the gods, the word “classical” for me basically means ancient. Artifacts or stories dating back to 1,000 years and beyond all seem classical to me. It seems classical to me because that was the ancient world back then.
If I had unlimited resources and time to do more information on my topic then I would probably visit Greece. I would visit Greece because that’s where these gods were worshiped and there would be a lot of information there. I would want to visit the Coliseum and the Parthenon because those were temples for the gods and there would be a lot of information on them.
I do believe that this assignment did enhance my experience in the Classical World because it taught me about the Twelve Olympian Gods that were worshiped in the Classical World. I thought that the blogging experience helped me a lot in learning because it was much more fun than just writing a research paper. Having to do a blog made it more exciting and caught my attention more. The most valuable lesson that I learned from this blogging experience is that I learned a lot about the Twelve Olympian Gods. It also taught me how to blog things which I can defiantly use in other classes in high school or in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment